Welcome to the School Governors’ section of the website. We hope these pages will provide some insight into who we are and what we do.
Appointment of new Head Teacher
Click here to read a letter from Richard Reece, Chair of Governors, regarding the appointment of Mrs Judi Cliff as the school’s new Head Teacher.
Parents’ Survey 2017
Click here to read a letter from Richard Reece, Chair of Governors, regarding this year’s Parents’ Survey, and to view the survey results.
Who we are
The governing body comprises teachers and other staff, parents, members of the community and local authority representatives. Most governors serve fixed terms.
From time to time vacancies arise. If you are interested in becoming a school governor, please contact the head teacher for more information.
What we do
School governors provide strategic leadership and accountability in schools. Governors appoint the head teacher and other staff. Governors hold the main responsibility for finance in schools. They work closely with the head teacher to make the tough decisions about balancing resources.
Each governor sits on one or more committees as well as the full governing body; each committee is concerned with a different aspect of running the school. The committees are:-
- The Steering Committee (responsible for setting the committees’ agendas)
- The Resources Committee (concerned with matters relating to finance, staffing and premises)
- The Pupil Progress Committee (concerned with learning and achievement, and matters relating to the curriculum)
- The Pay Committee (responsible for staff performance appraisal and remuneration)
- The Joint Committee (discussing matters of common interest with governors from the Infant School)
- The Head Teacher’s Performance Committee (responsible for the head teacher’s performance appraisal)
How often we meet
Each committee, plus the full governing body, meets once a term.
The full governing body meetings are open to observers, so you’re very welcome to attend to see at first hand what we do. You can read the minutes of our previous meetings here…