Design and Technology at Nevill Road Junior School
In Design and Technology, we aim to ensure our children:
- Develop the creative, technical and practical expertise needed to perform everyday tasks confidently in a technological world.
- Aim high to build and apply knowledge, understanding and skills in order to research, design and successfully make high quality imaginative prototypes and products for a wide range of users.
- Respectfully, critique, evaluate and test their ideas and products and the work of others.
- Understand where ingredients originate from, apply the healthy principles of nutrition and successfully learn how to cook savoury food from around the world.
- Ignite their enthusiasm and understand how the Design and Technology (D & T) knowledge and skills they learn, will enable them to progress their learning in everyday projects around the home and may enable them to work in a variety of D & T types of employment in the outside world.
- We have the same high expectations for all learners, including those with SEND in D & T. The attached provision map shows what D & T looks like for all learners at Nevill Road Junior School.
- Have the opportunity to enthusiastically share their D & T learning with parents. We encourage parents to learn with their children and develop knowledge of the DT curriculum through our termly D & T ‘Fantastic Finish Events.’